Over the course of the past century, we’ve watched the United States become the most powerful nation in human history, and simultaneously observed a steady erosion of the very thing that made our nation great to begin with: Liberty.
The Restoration of Liberty Act (RoLA) is a piece of draft legislation proposed by the American people for sponsorship on the federal, state, and local level. It is designed to correct the egregious erosion of civil liberties that has taken place over the past century by establishing Liberty (referred to in the U.S. Declaration of Independence as an unenumerated right of the people), as a right of the people protected under the 9th Amendment. This proposed law, which establishes Liberty as a right possessed at the level of the individual, sets specific terms under which it may be used as an affirmative defense to victimless crimes, limits government infringement on civil liberties in a number of ways, and will have a number of significant and important consequences, including:
- bringing an end to the immoral, unethical, and unjustifiable use of incarceration for non-violent victimless crimes.
- ending the use of mandatory minimum laws and other restrictions on the ability to adjudicate justice as justice so requires, and
- curtailing a number of policies that have significantly eroded the public’s trust in both the law enforcement community and the criminal justice system.
To be clear, the Restoration of Liberty Act isn’t a single piece of legislation, but rather a legislative initiative designed to be implemented independently at the federal, state, and local level. This uniquely de-centralized approach has been envisioned as a means of overcoming any possible objection by the powers that be.
How You Can Help Make the Restoration of Liberty Act Law
If you like this idea, we ask that you help us to bring it to fruition by doing the following:
- Share information about the RoLA on Social Media!
- Please make a financial contribution to the RoLA Project – we CAN’T do this without you! Make a contribution between now and January 31st, 2016 to be credited as a “Founding Contributor” of the RoLA on RestorationOfLibertyAct.com.
- If you’re an entrepreneur or business owner, consider making your company an Official Sponsor of the RoLA.
- Contact your elected officials, and ask them if they’d be willing to sponsor a version of the RoLA.
Our goal is to raise as much money for the Restoration of Liberty Act as some of the current candidates for President have raised for their own campaigns, specifically to send a message to Washington as to what Americans really care about.
The Restoration of Liberty Act isn’t about ego. It’s not about any specific candidate, party, or ideology.
By helping us and/or contributing to the cause, you’re showing your support for an idea…
…and that idea is Liberty.